Blackjack is a game that you will find in almost all casinos, with a rich history that is often hotly contested. The most agreed upon consensus is that it originated around the 16th Century in French Casinos. It was initially called Vingt-et-Un, which means twenty-one. Even now, the term ‘21’ is used to refer to blackjack, making the goal of the game quite clear.
How to Play Blackjack Online
To get started playing blackjack online , follow these steps:
- Place your bet by choosing an amount from your stack of chips and clicking on the bet spot on the table.
- The computer will deal you 2 cards
- Now have the chance to improve your hand with several options. You can hit, split, double down or stay in order to get as close to 21 as you can.
- The dealer plays their hand
- The hand that is closes to 21 without going over is declared the winner
For you to play and win and blackjack, you need to be familiar with the language of blackjack. Here are some terms that you must know to get the most out of the game. They include
- Hit – This refers to drawing an additional card to your current hand.
- Stand – When you refrain from taking another card as you do not need any more.
- Double Down – This terms provides players with the choice to double their bets, though you can hit only one card.
- Split – Split the first two card hand so that you are able to play them separately. Possible only if the first two cards have equal value.
- Surrender – When the dealer has checked for blackjack, you have the option to forfeit the hand and retain half of his bet.
- Insurance – This is an optional bet that may be made when the dealer is showing an ace.
Rules of Blackjack
Here are the basic rules of blackjack to get you started: –
The aim of the game is to beat the dealer with a higher card total that does not go over 21. It’s that easy.
Should you cards add up to 21, the dealer will pay you 3 to 2. If you and the dealer both have cards that add up to 21, there are no chips taken or given away. When you have a total that is higher than the dealer, the dealer will match the amount of your chips. Should you total be lower than that of the dealer, then the dealer will take away your chips.
Blackjack Card Values
Faced with a deck of cards when playing blackjack, you may have some questions in your mind. These include how much is a king worth? Or What is an ace worth? Here is an easy breakdown that will help you put together a winning hand.
- 2 – 10 keep their value
- J, Q and K are equal to 10
- Aces can be either a 1 or an 11, whichever best helps you make a winning hand
Blackjack Betting Strategy
When playing blackjack, you cannot simply count on your gut and hope to make some money. You need to have a strategy in place so that in the long run, you can increase your winnings.
Begin by using basic strategy, which requires you to refer to a blackjack chart to see the best possible in-game actions. This will make it possible to simulate perfect play and then lower the house edge. This increases your odds of winning
Strategy is at the core of winning when playing online, and to get your basic strategy right, you need to be familiar with the blackjack chart.
To win at Blackjack online, you need to know which actions will favor you when used correctly. You could try the option of an insurance bet. This type of bet can be made when the dealer is showing an ace. It is worth noting that it is risky, and may not always be a smart decision.
Blackjack is paid immediately, so you could not buy insurance. In the event that both you and the dealer have blackjack, insurance would no longer be relevant.
If the dealer has a face card or an ace, you should avoid doubling down.
If you want to split, avoid splitting 5s. It is better to split 8s and Aces.
Now you need to start mastering online blackjack, and start growing your bankroll. Here are some tips that will help you reach your winning goal with ease: –
- Practice – Keep learning your basic strategy and reviewing the decisions that you made until you have it down perfectly.
- Money management – Learn how to wager properly, so that you know when to increase or decrease your bet.
- Doubling down – You will only receive one card and you may not even like the one that you get. It is only worth it if your cards add up to 11.
- Never take Insurance – You are betting that the dealer has a hole card of J, Q, K or a 10. The chance of insurance paying is less than 1 in 3.
- Always split 8’s and A’s – When you split 8’s, it becomes possible to transform a bad hand into 2 winning hands. You can only split Aces once in most games due to the advantage that one can immediately gain to get a blackjack. You can split other cards up to 3 times.
Free Blackjack Games
There are many variations of blackjack online. Before you settle on your favourite, you should play some free blackjack games online. Most online casinos will offer their games to play for free. Take the time to practice as much as possible before you move to real money. Choose your favourite variation to keep you winning.
many online casinos today offer the option to play blackjack from wherever you are, this is nothing new, but today you can play blakcjakc online against a live dealer with other players. The casinos now employ real dealers who sit at a table with a live webcam. you can enter the table and play while watching the dealer deal your cards and the cards of the other players at that table. So now instead of playing against a faceless dealer you can see them. this gives the game a much more “real casino” feel and improves your experience.
Online Blackjack Games
There are a variety of blackjack variations available online. The key differences that they have is different rules that affect the house edge. Here are some options that you can try out.
Atlantic City Blackjack
This form of blackjack uses a full eight decks of cards and the player plays against the dealer.
This form of blackjack came up to work against professional card counters. You can not split 5’s or tens, and the dealer can not look at their hidden card.
In this variation, the dealers cards are all face up. This variation give a big advantage to the player. So the casinos added rules to keep the edge in their favor
Classic Blackjack Gold Series Multi Hand
This type of blackjack is unique to online casinos and is the most common online. This type of blackjack is all about action, because you can play up to 5 hands at once. Opposed to most blackjack games that only allow you to play one hand at a time.
Best Blackjack online Casinos
When seeking to play in the best blackjack online casino in Canada, it is easy to make a choice. Besides the sites reputation, you should seek a site that allows for Canadian Players to make deposits in Canadian Dollars. Click on the links below and get ready to have come blackjack fun on the best online casino websites.