Craps is one of the most popular casino games as it is a competitive game of chance. To enjoy the experience of this simple game, here are five casinos that you should check out if you are looking to play craps online.
History of Craps
Craps began as an English game called Hazard. The game was adopted by the French and eventually made its way to North America. As its popularity grew, the rules were simplified and the game of craps was formed.
Craps Table Layout
The most important parts of the table are the center betting area and the side sections. The side sections are called “self-service” sections, as players place bets without the help of the dealer.
The center area is called the “dealer’s area”. The side section also has a “dealer’s area,” which contains 6 boxes with the numbers 4 – 10 written in them. The “come” and “don’t come” bets are also within this area.
There are many different bets that you can make when playing craps online, including line bets and multi roll bets. Bellow I explain the Different Bets you can make.
- Come – is used to start a new pass line bet.
- Don’t Come – can only be made after a point has been established.
- Pass Line – made at the beginning of the round and pays even money.
- Don’t Pass Line – the opposite of a line bet.
- Field – is a “self-service” bet that the numbers 5, 6, 7 or 8 will NOT appear on the next bet.
- Craps – bets that win should the shooter will roll a 2, 3, or 12.
Multi Roll Bets
- Place – wagers that the shooter will roll a point before a 7.
- Buy – bets are bought, and paid out at true odds.
- Lay – the opposite of a place bet.
- Put – This allows you to increase a pass line bet after the point has been established.
- Hard Way – placed on the numbers 4, 6, 8, ad 10.
- Big 6 and Big 8 –wager that a 6 or an 8 will appear.
How to play Craps Online
Craps basic rules are simple. When playing craps online you are always the shooter. You must place a wager on either the pass line or the don’t pass line.
During the come out roll if a 2, 3 or 12 is rolled then the game is over and a new game begins. A roll of a 7 or 11 and all pass line bets win.
If the dice land on any other number that becomes the point. During the point phase, should the shooter roll a point, the pass line bets win. If the shooter rolls a 7, then the game is over.
If you understand the odds of craps, you can place better bets. There are 24 different odds that you need to learn. Craps odds lean towards the players, allowing you to beat the house more often.
Best Craps Bets
- Place 6 or 8 to Win or Lose –some of the best bets to wager as the house edge is low.
- Lay against the 4 or the 10 – house edge is higher but still manageable.
- Place 5 or 9 to lose – makes the house edge drops to only 2.5%.
- Field Bets – Some casinos pay 3:1 for field bets dropping the house edge to just 2.78%.
Worst Craps Bets
- Come and Don’t Come – These are some of the worst bets because:
a) They return even money
b) You must roll the same number twice to win
c) If you roll a 7, you lose your bet.
- Big 6 and Big 8 – These bets are so bad that many Craps variations have removed them from the table.
- Pass line bets –even money bets meaning that if you bet $5, you receive $5.
The system that you use could be the difference between a win and a loss. In craps, the system will help guide the bet that you make, the amount that you bet, as well as when you should make a bet. Here we explain three of the most popular systems but not all of them apply to playing craps online.
A player begins betting at a predetermined amount, and proceeds to double their bet every time they lose. When the player wins, they begin again from their predetermined value.
In craps, the gamblers fallacy states that previous rolls of the dice will have an impact on future rolls. The simple word fallacy in this system strongly suggests that a player should not try this system as a strategy.
Dice Setting or Dice Control
This method is not applicable to playing craps online, as it requires the physical throwing of the dice. This makes it irrelevant when creating a strategy to play online.
If you are a fan of playing craps online then I recommend the following casinos because of their excellent reputation and their selection of their selection of craps and live craps games.