Microgaming and NetEnt are two of the most well-recognised software providers and game developers in the online casino industry. These two companies are the acknowledged leaders in their field. NetEnt and Microgaming both embrace innovation and more often than not, set the trends for other online gaming software developers to follow.
Microgaming and NetEnt date back to the very beginning of the online casino industry. Both have their genesis in the heady world that was the battle ground of the mid-90’s when pioneering high-tech companies worldwide jockeyed for a leading position. While NetEnt was established very early in 1996, Microgaming was quite literally the first business to launch an online casino in 1994.
Back then, the functionality of their first products was quite limited, hamstrung by the sluggish speeds of dial-up modems and patchy internet coverage. Subsequently, it’s no wonder that both companies begun by offering online slots. Today, they create online gaming solutions for a variety of platforms including Live Dealer Casinos, Table Games, Video Poker, Bingo, Keno and Scratch Cards.
Online Slots are still the Modern Player’s Favourite
In land-based casinos, slots remain the absolute favourites of casino players. Online Casinos are no different and with the recent huge advancements made in computer graphics and mobile technology, the very best online slots are both fantastic entertainment as well as a wonderful opportunity to earn some extra cash.
There’s no need to learn many rules, or chat with dealers or other players. Just sit down, log on to your favourite online casino and play either at your desktop or ‘on-the-go’ on your mobile. Generally, the payouts on offer far outweigh those of games like Roulette or Blackjack. You can even potentially win life-changing sums of money on progressive jackpot slots like Microgaming’s Mega Moolah or NetEnt’s Mega Fortune for minimal input!
Who has the best Games – Microgaming or NetEnt?
When the inevitable discussion of which software games developer is best, Microgaming vs. NetEnt pops up, people will usually start comparing their online slots as that is where both companies begun, their shared heritage.
Both companies offer literally hundreds of online slots titles in their collective portfolios. In terms of pure numbers alone, Microgaming is the definite winner having more than 600 titles. NetEnt, on the other hand, has slightly more than 200. The quality of the online slots of both companies is quite exceptional.
Both Microgaming and NetEnt slots share excellent game qualities driven by the intense competition for customers in this ultra-competitive marketplace. Online slots from each company impress the user with superb, crisp and elegant visuals, immersive & authentic sounds, movie-reality TV-musical-classic novel game tie-ins, user friendly player interfaces and hassle-free gameplay.
Let’s take a look at the top online slots offered by each company beginning with Microgaming.
Top 5 Online Slots from Microgaming
- Terminator II – My favourite. Based on the iconic Schwarzegger flick. Stop Skynet, save humanity Judgement Day and win some money to boot.
- Mega Moolah – Online progressive slots enabling huge payouts to be accumulated and be paid out more often over different game formats. Commonly referred to as ‘the millionaire maker’ and record-holder of Microgaming’s highest ever single payout of CAD $23.2 million.
- Game of Thrones – A quintessential online slot offering all the great features, graphics and even video animations from the cult HBO TV series.
- Moby Dick – The tale of Moby Dick has become a household name over the years, often told with grizzly relish. ‘Moby Dick’ the online slots version certainly does the tale justice. Visually, it’s as sharp as any online slots comes. ‘Moby Dick’ is extraordinarily easy on the eye and the game is decked out with top-draw gameplay features.
- Halloween – ‘Halloween’ features a creepy, dark and suspenseful atmosphere, and the game’s developers have great job of transferring that spooky horror movie atmosphere from the cult flick onto the game screen. Halloween rewards players with its superb play action. Its visuals run smoothly, elegantly and stylishly without jerking or loading issues. Of course. Its Microgaming. It just works!
Top 5 Online Slots from NetEnt
- Hall of Gods – NetEnt went all the way back in time to faithfully re-create this classic Nordic Mythology on the small screen. Hall of Gods online slots features 5-reels, 20 paylines, a payout rate of 96.6% and a progressive jackpot that was recently hit in December 2017 for a whooping CAD $12.1 million payout!
- Mega Fortune – NetEnt’s answer to Microgaming’s Mega Moolah. Mega Fortune might be an old and classic slot, but it’s also the second highest playing progressive jackpot in the industry. Mega Fortune is also NetEnt’s record-holder for a single jackpot payout of CAD $30.7 million in January 2013.
- South Park – For fans of the adventures of Stan, Kyle, Eric, Cartman and the Chef, the South Park slot is the bomb. Using audio, visuals and catchphrases from the cult-TV show, South Park transcends the gap between being a novelty title and delivering quality game action.
- Boom Brothers – The ‘Boom Brothers’ clearly never heard from their mother saying that playing with explosives is not safe. This classic slot is named for the infamous bearded brothers and features mines, gold and explosive dynamite.
- Jimi Hendrix – If a 1960s transcendent ‘hippy’ vibe is your thing then you’ll love Jimi Hendrix. This psychedelic-online-slots title features a rocking soundtrack from the ‘purple haze’ of the guitar legend himself.
Who is the outright winner?
Honestly, I can’t call it. Both are fantastic. It’s a draw. The only accurate answer I have.
Microgaming is huge, for sure. Could it be that NetEnt are slightly more creative as they’re smaller? I think its dependent on personal preference.
What might be more pertinent to consider is to try both for yourself, decide and let us know what your thoughts are; Microgaming or NetEnt.
Play Microgaming’s games today at Bet365, Betway, Jackpot City, William Hill, Spin Palace, Royal Vegas, Ruby Fortune, 888 Casino and All Slots Casino.
Play NetEnt’s games today at William Hill, Bet 365, Betway, Karamba Casino and 888 Casino.